Do you think every president goes through a awkward first few weeks in office when they’re not sure when’s the right time to ask if aliens are real or not?
A collection of things I want, things I find pretty, etc.
Anonymous said: Any tips on pirouettes?
Technical tips from head to toe:
- Spotting is really important! Make sure your neck isn’t too tense- I read somewhere that smiling while you turn relieves tension in your face and neck
- Shoulders down and back (not too far) so you can stay upright
- Keep your arms calm but strong— if you fling them your turns will get worse
- Abs ENGAGED SO HARD make sure you have your best posture possible
- Butt ENGAGED SO HARD also because rotation is important
- Knees super straight!
- Passe not over or under-crossed, well lifted from underneath the leg
- Make SURE you’re going to your full releve every time you do a pirouette
- Holding retires/passes and balancing in them (on demi)
- Spotting exercises— sitting in a spinny chair and spotting one thing on the wall
- Doing extremely controlled half and quarter turns, try to hold the retire/passe and your demi for as long as possible
Ask your teacher(s) for more specific tips!